1.1. “Consumer” means any individual who seeks or acquires, by purchase or lease, any goods, services, money, or credit for personal, family or household purposes.
1.2. “Furnished Finder” means the company identified in the first paragraph of this policy.
1.3. “Operator” means Furnished Finder, who operates the Website.
1.4. “Personally Identifiable Information” means individually identifiable information about an individual Consumer collected online by the Operator from that individual Consumer and maintained by the Operator in an accessible form, including without limitation, the following: (i) a first and last name; (ii) A home or other physical address; (iii) An e-mail address; (iv) a telephone number; (v) any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual; or, (vi) information concerning a user that the Website collects online from the user and maintains in personally identifiable form in combination with an identifier described in Section 1.4 (i) through (vi) above.
1.5. “Website” means http://www.furnishedfinder.com, together with all internal pages contained therein. The term Website does not include any external links or pages navigated to either before, during, or after the user’s navigation to the Website.
1.6. “You,” “you” and “your” refers to you, the user of the Website, and the person who consents to this Policy.
2. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS. Subject to certain exceptions, you may, pursuant to California Civil Code 1798.83, have the right to request, in writing or by electronic mail, the following information: (i) a list of categories of Personally Identifiable Information that correspond to the personal information disclosed by Furnished Finder to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year; and, (ii) the names and addresses of all of the third parties who received your Personally Identifiable Information for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This Section 2 is subject to the exceptions and requirements of California Civil Code 1798.83, including without limitation, the exception that businesses with less than twenty (20) employees be exempt from compliance with such requirements. Requests made pursuant to this Section 2 may be made in writing and directed to FURNISHED FINDER at 8200 Stockdale Highway, Suite M10-222 in Bakersfield, California 93311.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE.
3.1. Categories of Information Collection. Furnished Finder collects certain Personally Identifiable Information from Consumers who use the Website, and from Furnished Finder’s customers with whom Furnished Finder enters into written agreements. The categories of Personally Identifiable Information collected by Furnished Finder include: (i) name; (ii) e-mail address; (iii) physical address; (iv) birthdate; (v) gender; (vi) occupation; (vii) industry; (viii) personal interests; and, (ix) move-in and move-out dates for rental properties. Furnished Finder collects such Personally Identifiable Information when Consumers: (w) register with Furnished Finder; (x) use Furnished Finder’s products or services; (y) visit the Website or the websites of Furnished Finder’s partners; and, (z) enter promotions or sweepstakes. Furnished Finder may combine information about Consumers gathered by Furnished Finder with other information gathered by Furnished Finder’s business partners or other companies.
3.2. Third Parties Who May Receive Information. Furnished Finder does not rent, sell, or share Personally Identifiable Information with other people or non-affiliated companies except; (a) with your prior permission; or, (b) under the following circumstances:
i. With trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Furnished Finder under confidentiality agreements, which companies may use Personally Identifiable Information to help Furnished Finder communicate with Consumers about offers from Furnished Finder and Furnished Finder’s marketing partners, but do not have any independent right to share such information;
ii. In response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process (such as law enforcement requests), or to exercise Furnished Finder’s legal rights or defend Furnished Finder against legal claims;
iv. With vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business; and,
By your use of the Website, you consent to all of the foregoing uses of any such Personally Identifiable Information. If, at anytime, you object to any of the uses of Personally Identifiable Information set forth herein, you should immediately cease using the Website.
4. YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES. Furnished Finder reserves the right to send certain communications relating to the Furnished Finder service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Furnished Finder newsletter, that are considered part of your Furnished Finder account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. You can delete your Furnished Finder account by visiting the Website. You can correct factual errors in your Personally Identifiable Information by sending Furnished Finder a request that credibly shows such error.
5. APPLICATION OF POLICY. By your access and/or use of the Website, you consent to all conditions, provisions and terms of this Policy without exception. This Policy applies solely to Furnished Finder and not to any other entity or person associated with or controlled by Furnished Finder. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Furnished Finder does not own or control, or to people that Furnished Finder does not employ or manage.
7. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT. The Website is intended for people who are (eighteen) 18 years of age and older. Furnished Finder does not knowingly allow any users under the age of thirteen (13) to use Furnished Finder’s service. However, if you become aware of the existence of a user who is under the age of thirteen (13), or that an individual under the age of thirteen (13) had provided their information to Furnished Finder, you should contact Furnished Finder immediately at the address provided in Section 2.
9. DATA STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF DATA. Your information may be transferred to, and/or maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. Your consent to this Policy followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer. Both identifying and non-identifying information that is submitted to Furnished Finder will be collected, processed, stored, disclosed and disposed of within the United States and in accordance with applicable U.S. law and this policy. If you are a non-U.S. user, you acknowledge and agree that Furnished Finder may collect and use your information and disclose it to other entities outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, such information may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction. U.S. law may not provide the degree of protection for information that is available in other countries.